About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Ballet

Am I a horrible mother, or just emotional and pregnant?

Once again I cried throughout Kirstine's entire recital. Christmastime wasn't really a recital. The moms and a few dads came into the classroom and watched the girls do a few songs. She saw me, cried and refused to do anything else. She was held by her teacher most of the time, and eventually came and sat in my lap. I cried the whole time.

But times have changed. She now likes ballet a lot, or so she tells me after practice every week. She still never really wants to go, but she enjoys herself pretty much. She was crazy excited about the recital, loved her costume, was so happy that daddy and Will both were coming to see her, and promised us that she was not going to cry and was going to dance the whole time. I saw her right before we went in to sit down. She was very happy and excited and gave me a big hug.

It didn't start out horribly. She wasn't participating quite as much as everyone else, but still... no tears at least.


Downhill from there. And I cried the whole time.



The other girls were so freaking cute up there. Kirstine just stood there. At least in the beginning she was doing all the moves and steps, just real tiny right in front of her where we couldn't see. But then when they did the routines where they faced the audience she just bowed her head. and when they left to get props, she came back in in her teacher's arms. And for the last number she stood on the floor next to her teachers.

But as soon as it was over she was all smiles and jumping up and down again.

It's safe to assume that we are NOT taking ballet again next year.

At least we got a picture.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

I'm confused......why were you crying?

Teresa Stratton said...

Kirstine: you don't have to dance you can just stand there and be beautiful.