About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July

Today could have easily been a very sad and depressing day. My mom's 60th birthday. Huge party. And I'm not there. Trust me, I've done my fair share of crying about it over the last month. But I'm okay now, and we had a great day.

We began the day by doing my favorite thing these days... sleeping in and being lazy. I was up with Bethan from 6:30 - 7:30. Which is perfect because then I made the older 3 breakfast and went back to bed. Scott got up soon after and hung out with them while I slept in til 9. or maybe was it 10??? :)

We went to Aldridge Gardens for a picnic lunch and had a great time. There was hardly anyone there, and there was a nice breeze due to the storm coming in. And thanks to the threatening skies we headed home a little earlier than planned.

Then a little more lazy time while Benjamin napped.

Finally we had a small group 4th of July party. Bethan and I went for a little while and then came home while the big kids walked up the street to see the fireworks. Jealous I didn't get to see them, but there's always next year, right?

Here are some pictures from the park...

1 comment:

Becky said...

Hey there, Jaime! Just discovered you have a blog! I started one, too, but it's less about our family and more about teaching reading; although I do post things I do with the kids. It is cool to have this online journal that you can go back and look at from time to time. I hope you guys are doing well and you enjoyed you 4th!
Becky