About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Novel H1N1

has hit the James household. So far it's just me. We are hoping that it stops here. I started feeling the syptoms Tuesday morning. I thought it might just be due to lack of sleep because Benjamin had given me 2 bad nights in a row. I checked my temperature that evening just to be sure, and it was 98.5. So I went to bible study. While there I started feeling hotter and hotter, and when i got home my temp was 102.6. Wed. I went to the walk-in while Will and Kirstine were at school. I tested a VERY strong positive to Flu A. I didn't have much time after I left the office, just enough to grab lunch and call the school. I wanted them to send Kirstine out to the pickup lane even though 2 year olds aren't allowed to. When they called me back they said I wasn't allowed in the school, and they would definitely send them both out to me. Scott got home around 2 and I went to sleep. So far the illness is only bad when the fever hits. Then i am pretty miserable. But when it's gone I just feel like I have a normal head cold. (coughing and sore throat mainly). Let's hope it stays this way. Scott and the kids started on tamiflu last night, just in case, and so far none of them have any symptoms. The good news is that the doctors think Benjamin should be okay since he's breastfeeding. But just to be safe Scott is having me pump, and then he feeds him. So I haven't held or touched him in about 20 hours. That's the hardest part of all of it - not getting any hugs or kisses or cuddles from any of the kids. And it's just awful watching Scott hold Benjamin when he cuddles up in his neck. I'm so jealous! I will have to touch him soon, though. Scott went to his theology class at church this morning. And as long as I'm feeling fine he's going to grand rounds at the hospital afterwards.
Anyways, that's what's going on here. I'll post more later if there's any news. Also, mom and dad were here this past weekend and mom took some cute pictures. So when she gets them to me I'll post them here.

No comments: