About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Thursday, January 22, 2009

It's been verified

We are definitely pregnant. I had my appt this morning at a bright and early 8:30. That may not seem early, but when you think about the fact that I had to get up at 6:30 to shower, eat, get dressed, get the kids up and get them fed and dressed up to leave the house by 7:30 to drive through rush hour traffic to get there by 8:30... especially when the kids and I usually wake up at 8am. So it was very early for me. We were there for a LOOOONG time. Not crazy at all about the office and how it runs. Those of you in Tampa and still using Women's Group... treasure it abundantly. I have never been more thankful for that practice than I am now that I am gone. They couldn't hear the heartbeat, so that stunk. But they did order a sono for me. Surprising for the first time, I am as far along as originally projected. Which means I will be 11 weeks tomorrow. So it was quite startling when I saw the monitor and saw how big the baby already was. With Will and Kirstine I got in to see the doctor earlier, and I was a few weeks behind what they thought, so their first sonograms were not terribly impressive. Will looked exactly like a baby alligator in one of his pictures. Kirstine was about a week farther along, so she had little nubs that were moving and we could see her heartbeat. But this was just way exciting to see how big it was. I cried of course. I am so not emotional, but there's just something about seeing that baby move inside you that is just so amazing. And since I still didn't 100% believe that I even was pregnant, it was very exciting.
So... my due date is August 14th, but since they will most likely schedule the c-section a week early, we are looking at an August 6-10ish baby!!! So I will definitely not be visiting Tampa for Giovanni's birthday party!

2 comments:

Maggy said...

It is great to hear from yu and the new baby, wellmine will be born in SEptember 20.
Love
Maggy

Teresa Stratton said...

Gee: this baby looks a whole lot like Will and Kirstine