About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Monday, December 29, 2008

And Just In Case...

You hadn't heard...

Yes, we are pregnant again. I hadn't had any symptoms yet, so I didn't think I was, but we decided to take a test just in case so if the answer was yes we could tell people on Christmas day. It was a very very quick yes with all three tests. Quicker than I'd ever seen before. which makes me curious as to whether or not it's really real or not. I don't have an OB yet, so we're in that process right now. More info to come once I have my first appointment.
I realized that I did have a tiny symptom - I do remember having hot flashes at some point. Maybe while we were on the cruise? It may seem like nothing, but that was the first symptom I had with both Will AND Kirstine, so it does mean something to me. Also I almost threw up while eating lunch today. But I didn't.

Info about this kid:
We will most likely not find out the sex. Reasons? The 9 months of pregnancy are truly the 9 longest months of your life for those of you who have not gone through it yet. And with child 1, you are occupied with all things shopping (picking out bedding, nursery decorating, buying clothes, picking out strollers and swings, registering...) and picking out names... so the time goes pretty quickly. with child 2 not so much. at least i had a kid of a different sex, so i got to focus my attentions on shopping for clothes. yay! now comes child 3... and there's nothing. so these next 8 months are going to take FOREVER!!! (Not to mention with Will and Kirstine I was pregnant over the holidays, so all of that fun helped the time pass). This time I will have the baby at the end of August, so that's no fun either. So I figure that by keeping the sex a secret, it will make the pregnancy much more fun. I plan on just taking a bag of boy and a bag of girl clothes to the hospital with me. so we'll be prepared for both. all of this will change when we find out we're having twins. not that we are, i'm just still hoping:)

Names? We don't have middle names picked out, but first names are definite. Benjamin for a boy, and Bethan for a girl (that is not a typo - it isn't Bethany, it's Bethan. and it's also not BethAnne, like some people are already pronouncing it). That's it for now. more info after my first doctor's appt.

3 comments:

Marissa said...

I'm sure you are going to be real surprised by this but your brother wants me to tell you "I think Matthew is a great middle name"

Aunt Rachel said...

Um, Benjamin Matthew doesn't sound bad at all.

Lynn said...

Nothing exciting about the third kid? That was you! I would love twins some days. people call me crazy, but how cute are they, and you get two kid out of one pregnancy. You save like 2 years!

You may be set on names, but I think Matthew Benjamin sounds great. I love the name Matthew.

Congrats!