About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Pregnancy thus far

I am a little over 14 weeks. I am starting to act a little more like my normal pregnant self. Pregnancy to me means that I lose weight and stop eating. With both Will and Kirstine, I typically ate half what I would have pre-pregnant. I know this b/c I get the same thing to eat at every fast food restaurant I go to, and I would eat half of the meal I ordered. Almost daily and throughout almost the entire pregnancy (which would explain why I only gained 18 lbs with Will, and only 7 lbs with Kirstine). But up until about 2 weeks ago my appetite had been as healthy as ever. While it's not totally pregnant normal for me, it is much less than pre-pregnant normal. Mostly this is at dinner time. I eat very little at dinner, some nights nothing at all. The other night Scott made tortellini and sausage, and I think I ate peanuts and crackers. and i think i did the same thing the next night when he made rice and bourbon chicken. And 2 nights ago we had the publix brand of digiorno (sp?) pizza (not worth it, buy the real thing). i usually eat 3/8 - i could barely finish 1/8 of it. So as of right now I am negative 2ish lbs.

And throwing up? I still haven't done a ton of it, but I have done more since the 2nd trimester started, that's for sure. I threw up 2x the first trimester, both of which were just water. I have thrown up 3x in the last 2 weeks, all of them food.

The worst was 2 days ago. I was nauseous all day. I went upstairs to get Kirstine out of bed. She woke up so happy and cheerful. And then I gagged while I was holding her. So I set her down and told her her apple juice was waiting for her downstairs with daddy. she refused to go. So she sat in the hallway watching me throw up. And screaming her head off. Laying in the fetal position stairing at me and crying louder every time more came up. I felt so horrible for her but there was nothing I could do. It took me about an hour to really calm her down. My poor baby was traumatized. You can ask Scott, she was really pathetic. And she wouldn't let me go after that.

Other than that the sleepiness is getting much better. I definitely don't take a nap every day. I still get tired, but usually not until around 5pm. But that's not really a good time to get tired. But it's nice to know it's getting better. I have my next appointment next Tuesday. No clue what, if anything, will happen at that appt. So til then...

No comments: