About Me

A mom of 4, I blog very rarely, and use this mostly for future memory of when I forgot to capture these events in a baby book somewhere.

Saturday, February 28, 2009

since last post..

A lot's happened since last I posted. Last Thursday morning Scott left for Memphis for the weekend, and I was talking to mom on the phone. I realized how badly i needed sunshine, so at 10 am I decided to pack us up and drive to Tampa. We were on the road by 11:30. (I had forgotten that Will broke our portable DVD player, so we had to go to Best Buy to get a new one. Then I got gas and lunch, so we didn't get on the interstate til 12:30). It was a GREAT trip, and only took us 9 hours and 15 minutes, which is record time for me and the kids.

Tampa was busy. Friday we met mom for lunch at her work, then she came home to watch the kids so I could go to Caspers to finish the newsletter. I didn't leave the office til 8:30 that night! When I got home Nana was there.

She stayed the night, and the 5 of us (the kids, me, and the grandmas) had breakfast at Einstein Bagels (an old ritual for me and mom). Then I did a little shopping and came home to get ready for a party I had with Caspers Company. Very fun evening. Papa and Uncle Matt took Will to Monster Jam at Raymond James Stadium (so now Will got to go twice this year!) Also Jordan and Ricky Pelham came, too.

Sunday morning was church, then mom planned a family and friends picnic at Lowry Park. We had a blast. I'll steal some pics from mom to post. Then Sunday night we went out to Uncle Matt and Aunt Marissa's for dinner.

Monday mom was planning on taking off work, but then Kristen called and we made plans to go to Busch Gardens for the day, so mom just went to work late. I bought a season pass, and got Will a fun pass, so we can go for the rest of the year! Will and Giovanni had a blast together.

Tuesday I went to work to finish the newsletter, then mom had me go to the Ford dealership to look at some minivans. Then I went to Mazda to have them look at my car (the lining in the roof was falling down by the back window). I was planning on driving home the next morning, so I was hoping they could fix it (they couldn't, it would take a few days. so i was just going to thumb tack it up for the trip home so I could see clearly out of the back window). Then I had the bright idea of looking at their used car lot. They had a 2007 Honda Odyssey with less than 25,000 miles on it that they were selling for $20,000. So I got a little excited. Lots of things happened in the next hour, one including mom's making a phone call to a friend at Honda to see if this was a good deal. He put us in touch with a sales manager who said he could put us in a brand new one for just a few thousand more. So off we went. Dad and I went to look and fell in love, but the sales manager wasn't there so we couldn't do anything about it. We decided to stay an extra day and possibly purchase it on Wednesday.

Wednesday mom comes home from work around 1pm, and I go in and purchase a brand new minivan - all by myself! We are in love with it. We got a great deal, and got a good trade in for my mazda. I didn't get home that night til about 7:30 and was very pooped, so I decided that I shouldn't drive home on Thursday. (It's wet and raining outside today, so I can't take pictures of it, but I'll take some as soon as i can to post here).

Thursday mom came home around lunch time again, and we went to the beach! Kristen and her two kids joined us. I grabbed the video camera instead of the digital, so I got lots of video but no pictures.

The weather was BEAUTIFUL the entire week, and I am so glad I went. We all got a little sun on our cheeks, and really enjoyed the hot weather. I will be able to tolerate this gloomy Birmingham weather for another month now, hopefully. But rumors are we have a forecast of snow tomorrow!!!! So keep your fingers crossed for that. Scott's off getting us Publix subs for lunch now, and tonight we have a little date planned (we missed each other very much this week). Uncle Bill and Aunt Janet are going to keep the kids for a few hours so we can hang out alone. Yay!!!!

No comments: